Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building 8x8 true color led display with frame rate 30 Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

msadek_eng

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
this project will scan 8 line with 8 RGB leds per line and will provide a 8 bit PWM for each led , how to ???

total 192 LED max current through LED 0.02A

total current consuption will be 3.84A (MAX)

make sure you have a buffer between FPGA and LED

Also what is it for?

Re: Building 8x8 true color led display with frame rate 30 H

it will be the basic building block for a large dicolor screen consists of 1152 of this unit

Wow, that's a lot of LEDs!

Which parts of the project do you need help with? The data communication? The LED scanning technique? The LED driver circuitry and (possibly huge) power supply?

How much current do the LEDs require to achieve your desired brightness?
Add up the watts, and be careful not to exceed the LED module's power dissipation rating or temperature rating.

there is an error about the current consumption , you assume that i will turn on all the leds and this is not true the consumption will be 8x3x0.02 = 0.48 Amp using row scanning with duty cycle of 1/8

msadek_eng said:
there is an error about the current consumption , you assume that i will turn on all the leds and this is not true the consumption will be 8x3x0.02 = 0.48 Amp using row scanning with duty cycle of 1/8

I am also interested in this. Using the microcontroller there is a lot of example for monocolor LED. But for RGB Led I not found yet any resource on this.

How to convert the signal from Graphic card, TV or etc to RGB Signal?
At least I need to understand basic concept on this.

If you have any info on this then please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

This is a basic tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back