Status
Not open for further replies.

furqankaimkhani

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
studying the book(Object Oriented Programming in c++ fourth edition by Robert Lafore)

The book said you will need a compiler like Microsoft VC++ or Borland C++.

I had bad luck downloading MVC++(as it asks for service pack 3 of windows, i dont want to tangle in windows updates etc...)

so i downloaded borland c++(BCC55).

The book says (page 872) that we will assume that C++ builder is installed on your system.
and that you can start it by start menu(C++ builder)

Now, here i get confused that the compiler which i have downloaded shows any icon niether in the (directory where i installed it) nor in the start menu.

a site search told me that to use that compiler i will have to use the command prompt. It helped me in writing a hello world program.

however, since i wish to follow my book entirely to avoid any possible complications in future for my graphics programs.
So, i was wondering if there is any IDE which i could install to work on BorlandC++.

i just check it. its working for me. i have IDM installed on my PC,after signing in and clicking download, IDM starts downloading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…