Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Build RF antenna's booster (amplifier)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomgun_lc

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to build antenna's booster.In my country especially in village, we can't receive a broadcast television with a clear picture.Ussually i see some "snow".Does anyone know how to build a booster so i can receive a good picture without noise?:D
Or maybe it only need some highpass filter?with a less bandwidth?
Need your help please.:cry:

An amplifier may not help. If an amplifier could magically give an improvement the manufacturer's of TV's would put an extra amplifier inside their televisions.

An ampliifier will only give an improvement if its noise figure is lower than that of the receiver.
A broadband amplifier can make reception worse by amplifying unwanted signals.

EDIT: D'oh, yes I forgot cable loss.

is not complely true
if you put an amplifeir direcly at the output of the antenna, you have eliminated the cable loss.Many years ago, when in italy was first private TV emitter and the coperture was not good and my job was antenna installation, without amplifier the screen was "snow" with amplifier perfect.

I haven't schematich, becouse commercial price is not so high, and is necessary spectrum analizer for setup a good circuit

"An ampliifier will only give an improvement if its noise figure is lower than that of the receiver. "
In reality this sentence should be: An amplifier will only give an improvement if its noise figure is lower than the cable loss plus that of the receiver. Of course the amplifier should be just after the antenna and before the cable. A good reference for pre-amplifiers is Channel Master: www.channelmaster.com

So,what is the point of this project?
I think i must build :
1. Some filter to remove "snow"effect
2. Some amplifier to get a good picture because i live in village which far from broadcast analog antenna.

But, if i build some high pass filter, like high pass filter, i will get less sharp picture but the noise( snow) effect will be gone.But, i still don't know how to design that high pass filter?
The amplifier need to gain this antenna's signal.But,if we amplify the gain, a noise will also be amplify, so i will get more noise.How to solve that problem?:cry:
need ur help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back