Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buiding a more sophisticated Dc-Dc boost converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solarnewbies

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
multilevel boost converter

Hi all,

I wanted to build a dc-to-dc boost converter that can boost up the output voltage(230Vdc) to around 10 times the input voltage (12Vdc). But currently my design can only boost up the voltage to only 4 times the input voltage and the input current of my converter is quite high which is not desired. Could someone kindly guide me or better recommendation to realise my design. My current specification are as follow:

1) IGBTs rated at 15V ( As switches)

2) I have design a Gate signal circuitry using the electronic chips below:

=>>NE555 Chip: PWM signal pulses are generated from the NE555 timer. The generated pulses are then input to the TLP250 chip.

=>>TLP250: It has the capability to boost the voltage up to 15V and also function as an opto-isolatior to provide signal isolation and break up the electrical contact.

==>NME0515SC:It has the capability to provide power isolation and also voltage of 5V and 15V so as power up the other IC chips in the circuitry.

=>>IR2111: As the output of TLP250 complements the signal pulses generated by NE555, the use of IR2111 chips produces the required PWM signal pulses at 15V.

As such, the signal pulses produced can be used as input for the IGBT.

Please Help...Thank you very much!

dc-dc boost converter with higher output voltage

You can use new topology called multilevel boost converter.
I attach the paper that can help you to design this circuit.

ne555 dc/dc

use mosfet instead IGBT. they are faster

Status
Not open for further replies.