Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buck loop stability compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

integ52002

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
buck compensation

I am measuring my Modulator and Filter GAIN.
Can someone check if my output waveform is correct. Im not sure because when I check this website as my reference, its Gain is more more than 0dB.. But my Gain is around .013 dB.

I need to measure this in order for me to know what Error Amplifier should be used to compensate the Buck Converter.

Please can someone help me with this.

I attached the circuit and the my GAIN Hspice simulation.[/img]

buck converter loop stability

sorry but you dont have the modulator and filter gain......the filter is part of the modulator......the two things you have are the modulator and the error amplifier

buck loop

eem2am "sorry but you dont have the modulator and filter gain......the filter is part of the modulator......the two things you have are the modulator and the error amplifier"

Hi eem2am, I have a different circuit. Please check figure 7 of **broken link removed**. In order to realize what error amplifier should be used, we need to know the Transfer function of the Open Loop Gain. So from a closed loop, it was instructed there in the website, that I need to cut it and measure the Open Loop which is comprises of the Modulator and Filter. I know that the filter is part of the modulator, when I read the methodology of this website I also got confused.

buck stability check

you get transfer function of the filter and modulator (using intersil terminology)...

....you then look at it and see what error amp will give good gain and phase margin.

you then do it in excel or matlab etc and look at it yourself and keep doing it resizing r and c in comp network till u get nice gain margin, phase margin and xover freq

add logs of tx funcs of error amp and modulator & filter to get total open loop gain

loop gain stability buck

to: eem2am

Thank you very much... this summary of yours gave me the clear picture of what im doing. I hope my professor will give me good grade for my hardwork. Thanks alot.
I tried to resize my R and C... haha it worked...

By the way, do you have any idea about LED Driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.