Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

buck converter output voltage ripple

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshh

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
the ripple in output voltage of buck converter is high , the ripple is 1.5 v. switching frequency is 50khz,L=460uh,C=470uf

Attachments

• ADC PWM atmega8with transistor.PDF
    14.6 KB · Views: 136

That 470uF had best not be a lonely high-ESL
electrolytic....

what is the cause of high ripple ?how to reduce it?

What is your load supply? Is there ripple on that? What is your output voltage?

I tried the power supply of the PC and i also tried the power supply in picture. i tried output voltage 6v from the PC power supply and 12 from the variable power supply. the output voltage had around 1.5v ripple
1606937931857.png

Hi,

Yes...what are your test conditions?

What is the ripple frequency? Show a scope picture.
Did you carefully design the PCB according recommendations?

Klaus

sending a picture of your power supply is almost useless. That’s like sending a Picture of your car to your mechanic and asking him to fix it. Except, I can see your supply is current limiting. See that little red light under ”cc”? That might be your problem.

and you still haven’t said what your output voltage is.

Hi

I was wondering if these connection make sense. Especially the bootstrap capacitor. The only way it can charge is through the inductor and load.

Your schem of top post is potentially very bad...you have no fast fet current sense.

Under certain conditions you can sometimes mitigate this in software, but i am not sure you have.

Generally, no fast fet current sense is bad...even in voltage mode, an overcurrent fet sense is necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.