Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] BSIM4 small-signal model

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MohEllayali

Hello
I need the BSIM4 small-signal equivalent circuit , I am looking for it but can't find it , does somebody have it ??

thank you in advance

Thank you for the reply Keith
Actually the manual I have it and I am reading it , what will help me is a schematic that represents the equivalent small-signal circuit of the transistor.

I have this document as well - does that help? I cannot find out where I got it from, but it is open source.

Keith.

Attachments

• bsim4presentation_1737.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 129

thank you Keith,
yes it helped me a little bit
if you can see in slide 10 in the powepoint you posted there is a transistor , and this transistor is a black box.
actually to give you an idea, I have simulated a single transistor
here is my schematic(single.jpg)

and I want to make a circuit with passive components, vccs , etc that gives me the same frequency response as the transitor , that's why I am looking for a schematic of the BSIM4 equivalent smal;l-signal circuit .

I just found a schematic on the net , I will simualte it and see what it gives (model.jpg)

I hope it makes sense

I have had another search and cannot find a diagram for the internal model anywhere. I guess it is implied in the BSIM4 manual but it is a long manual to read to try to extract a few useful bits, I am afraid.

Keith.

Yes indeed Keith, no way one needs to read the manual
thank you for the help :)

The BSIM4 model is essentially a range of increments, corrections, and adjustments to previous SPICE models; the closest such model (unsurprisingly) is BSIM3. Many of the adjustments apply only to the equations, so they don't effect the schematic*. Others, such as leaks, series resistances, stray capacitances, etc. can vary between regions and model implementations, so a single schematic that includes all versions of these would become unbelievably cluttered.
I agree that it would be really lovely to have a manual that included a simple schematic showing how each individual addition impacted the basic model, but I do not know of anything like that.
The best I have seen is the sequence of schematics in William Liu's book "MOSFET models for SPICE simulation..."
I hope this (late contribution) will help somebody

*To my mind the largest BSIM improvement is the change to charge-based models - imperfect as the implementations may have been in some cases.

Reactions: erikl

erikl

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.