Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BSIM4 oxide thickness parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrdm

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good time of the day everyone,

At the moment I am designing a system that uses transistors gate as a tunneling barrier and I am using BSIM4 model for this purpose. I noticed that is has four different parameters describing gate oxide thickness, i.e. toxe, toxp, toxm, toxref. What is more, in different files containing numerical values, physical thickness (toxp) is usually different from other three.

My question would be the following: is it possible to variate oxide thickness without touching other model parameters such as threshold voltage, etc.? If so, how big of a deviation from the "real" data will I get if I simply set all four parameters to be equal to each other? I am interested in thin oxide layers, ex. 1.4nm.

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back