Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BSIM3/4 to EKV model translator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bsim2ekv

Anyone is aware if such tool exists ? If yes, do you have a link ?

Thnx,

nathan

bsim ekv

I don't think it is wise to use a model translator. You will sufer from inaccurancy. The parameter used in BSIM aren't based on real physical ones.

bsim to ekv

You may use ICCAP. Generate curbes using BSIM model and then make ICCAP to fit them using the EKV model.

bsim2ekv problems

I know that using a model-to-model translator will reduce accuracy, but what other options do I have ?

Thnx,

nathan

generate ekv model parameters

There a BSIM2EKV translator availlable on request from EPFL. It os an OK starting point, mostly to generate a template for the model, and copy all the paraistics etc... Definitely needs some fine-tuning to get a decent model. One of the problem is that it does 'blind' curve fitting, and takes the parameters (PHI, GAMMA...) too far from their reasonable physical values, and then the model deteriorates as the conversion progresses. Ic can be helpful, but some furhter fitting will be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back