Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BSDArchitect io_pad problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppmax1029

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am useing BSDArchitect to insert boundary scan cell. I have my own io_pad but BSDArchitect couldn't recognize them. It inserts its io_pad. So the result has two io_pad: mine and BSDArchitect's.

My pad is constructed by gates. Is there a way to solve it?

It was long time ago, so I'm not sure exactelly will it help or not. I added following text at io_pad module definition:

Code:
module io_pad(...);

specify
specparam mgc_dft_cell_type = "bidirectional_pad";
specparam mgc_dft_pin_type$PADIO = "pin";
specparam mgc_dft_pin_type$DIN = "data_output";
specparam mgc_dft_pin_type$DOUT = "data_input";
specparam mgc_dft_pin_type$EN = "output_enable_h";
endspecify

endmodule

Check Mentor's docs - solution must be there.

Thanks for replying.

This is what I see in Mentor's Process Guide. But in this way, we have to use io_pad that is defined by Mentor. Could we use our self-defined io_pad in another way?

It was long time ago, so I'm not sure exactelly will it help or not. I added following text at io_pad module definition:

Code:
module io_pad(...);

specify
endspecify

endmodule

Check Mentor's docs - solution must be there.

I meant that you should add to YOUR pad definition.

Code:
specify
endspecify

In my case it was not Mentor's pad, I add specify to TSMC's IO pad.

Recently,I am using BSDArchitect to insert boundary scan cell and meeting the same problem about the custom io_pad lib too. Did you solve this problem? My custom io_pads have many other port which the generic cell cann't map ,such as the some signals about the driver mode seletion. What can I do to make own io_pad lib? Thank you very much .

kornukhin's anwer is correct. BSDArchitect can recognize custom io_pads as long as you add specify definition into your io_pads.

Recently,I am using BSDArchitect to insert boundary scan cell and meeting the same problem about the custom io_pad lib too. Did you solve this problem? My custom io_pads have many other port which the generic cell cann't map ,such as the some signals about the driver mode seletion. What can I do to make own io_pad lib? Thank you very much .

yes,but what I meet is that some pin I don't know how to define,such as some signal port output pull down resistor enable .There is nothing can map it .
for example :

generic io
module bidi_enable_high (pin, dout, oe, din);
inout pin;
input dout, oe;
output din;
endmodule

module my_bidi (signal_do,signal_oe,signal_pd,signal_pu,signal_pin0,signal_pin1,signal_c,signal_en,pad_out,vref_pioa,signal_rcomp,test_en);
inout ..;
input ..;
output ..;
endmodule

specparam mgc_dft_pin_type$c=signal_c = "pin";
specparam mgc_dft_pin_type$pad_out = "dout";
specparam mgc_dft_pin_type$signal_do = "din";
specparam mgc_dft_pin_type$signal_en = "oe";

//but there is a question about how to map the rest signals.whether should i map those signals to nonexistent?
endspecify

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back