Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Broadside spiral coupler

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfarhan1

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spiral coupler

Dear All
I hope you guys have seen broadside spiral coupler which is oftenly used in multilayer configration to save space. Also some time 90 degree lines have been replaced by spiral to save space.

In ADS we have design guide components that can design couplers hybrids and filters on your requirements.
Is there any simulating software that can help me designing spirals, I can design it with momentum but i dont know the dimensions so i have to optimize the design.

I hope i ve cleared my question
Many thanks

designing broadside couplers

In the new version of Altium DXP Design Environment you have a function where you can define the total lenght of a trace and then zig-zag this trace with the mouse to get the desirable patern. The program keeps you up about the total size of the meandered line so that you can change its pattern here and there to keep the pre-defined total length.
I did several low frequency power combiner using this feature of Altium DXP within very compact footprints.

NandoPG

mfarhan1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Your question was essentially "Is there some software that can cope with this situation?"

I have had success with these types of problems using HFSS. It used to be the only game in town, but now there are ressonable alternatives.

I hope this does not spark a debate about "the best software is @@$%%^@". There are a number of choices and that debate goes on and on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back