Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Broadband amplifier - how to amplify a square wave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sventsh

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Broadband amplifier

I need to amplify a square wave, but we don't know exactly what we need to do this. I wonder if you could help us.

The square waves we need to amplify are in the range of 50kHz, but say 100kHz and we are probably quite safe. Thing is, I don't know how broadband an amplifier you need to deal with square waves.

In addition to this our circuit needs to have at least two outputs (three would be better!) and be able to deliver 400V (one-sided). If this would be hard to find we can settle for 200V, but that is really a minimum.

We have found some amplifiers that might work: e.g. this one: **broken link removed**

It claims "Bandwidth: DC to 2 MHz". About how high square wave frequency can you handle with a bandwith of 2MHz?

An industry person we talked to suggested to buy some kit from Apex (**broken link removed**). He suggested us to use their PA94 and make are own circuit using that one.

Is that the way to go? Personally I would feel more confident to buy an enclosed and neat amplifier to get this thing done. (I am not really an electrical engineer, as you might understand).

I would appreciate any answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back