Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

break combinational feedback loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiongdh

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
combinational feedback loop

do I need to break combinational feedback loop at all conditions? How can i break combination feedback loop.What do the command set_disable_timing do to the combinational ciucuit in DA?

thanks!!!

combinational feedback loops

combinational feedback should be avoided except your are intended to build a ring oscillator as it will cause one of two things
1- it will feed the sam logic: in this case it will add nothing
2- it will feed the oposit logic: the node will oscillate by time period equal to double the path delay (i.e ring osiclator will be built).

you can break it either by
1- build a clocked system by putting a DFF in the feedback path which load the value on a ckock edge.
2- make a gated feedback but you by attention for the gating signal timing with respect to system functionality

regards

combinational feedback what is

How are these combinatinol loops get synthesized in the first place. What constructs are to be avoided...

combinational feedback loop example

"""2- make a gated feedback but you by attention for the gating signal timing with respect to system functionality."""

But gated feedback can't be recognized by DC, It is still Reported that "Warning: Disabling timing arc between pins 'H01' and 'N01' on cell 'sbox/U524' to break a timing loop"

How can i deal with this? and do this timing loop affect the compile result such as the timing path calculating?

breaking combination loop

first of all you should try to avoid writing code that generte the combinational feedback, if it is essaintial to your design you start search for a solution for it. I did not use the DC. but if it is possible you can post ur code and explain the target idea so we can help.

regards

logic loop breaking sta

Mmm...., i am not sure i'm right or not. Solving the combinational loop problem is not necessary if using vector-based simulation, but it had better be solved if adopting either STA or DFT in your flow. As to using disable timing command to break the timing loop, i never make it successfully through the whole synthesis process. Once the design is changed by DC, it seems these setting are lost. u had better call the supports from the syn@psys, u can share with us once you get the solutions.

timing loop + synopsys

What about the progress with you dehuixiong regarding that issue
regards

sta & combinational loop

Thank you all.
I correct this problem by just make another copy of the combinational circuit and break the loop from verilog codes.
I find the DC calculated the timing path of a combinational circuilt loop more than one times. I want to call help from synopsys.But their help is not free.
May be set_false_path command can be useful but i don't know how to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back