Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Boundary Scan] TMS width can be more than 1 bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maulin sheth

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

Suppose, I have 3 Chips on the Board.Each chip have JTAG and TAP Controller.
Now I want to know that,For On Board Testing,
1) Do we need Master TAP Controller which taking control for all 3 chips?
2) I have 3 chips on board,so does it mean that I should have 3 bits of TMS or TMS Bus of 3 bits.So I can access 3 chips parallely.
3) If I don't have 3 bits of TMS. thn the same operation can be applies to all the chips as TMS is same for all the three chips.

Thanks & Regards,

JTAG interfaces of multiple chips are can be comibined by chaining TDO to TDI. TCK and TMS are parallel connected to all chips.

I don't see a particular advantage of having multiple TMS signals compared to a usual JTAG chain. For fully indpendent access, all JTAG signals would be generated individually.

JTAG interfaces of multiple chips are can be comibined by chaining TDO to TDI. TCK and TMS are parallel connected to all chips.

I don't see a particular advantage of having multiple TMS signals compared to a usual JTAG chain. For fully indpendent access, all JTAG signals would be generated individually.

Thanks.

But do we need Global/Master TAP Controller? In which application,we prefer Global/Master TAP Controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back