Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

BORLAND BIG GRAPHICS NOT SUPPORTED PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper_01

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey guys i got a promblem using borland c++ 5.02 in my laptop in the windows 7 operating system
i am just a begininner in the programming language ! i use borland 5.02 for coding .recently i got problem using borland .
whenever i use graphics.h header file and try to make a simple circle using some code (given below) i got error ie bgi graphic
not supported under windows .then from my sir advice i have to change the platform(target) to dos mode and make a tick on bgi.
which i did .then after running that code again i got a dos output but there is a messege "bgi Error: GRaphics not intialized(use 'initgraph')
which appears on screen (for 1 second) and goes away !from the following code it is seen that i have used initgraph but still it say :( . I am not able to run borland especially graphics part and dont want to use
turbo c ! Can you guys plz help out out to solve this problem !!

#include<stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>
#include<dos.h>
#include<graphics.h>
#include<iostream.h>
void main()
{
int gd,gm;
gd=DETECT;
initgraph(&gm,&gd,"..//bgi");
{
circle(170,170,48);
closegraph();
getch();
}
}

FvM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
You may want to check the BGI doucmentation and code examples. They use graphresult() to check the initgraph() result
code. Depending on the reported problem, refine your search. Most likely it's a trivial problem, e.g. wrong bgi-driver path.

sniper_01

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
so what should be i modifying in borland to make my program rum completely . i am just a begininer in this coding !! just make it clear in simple language ! I will be more thankful to you if this problem will be solved

FvM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Look at the Borland provided BGI example, how they display graphic initialization errors. You can do the same and see which error code is generated.

sniper_01

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can you do in your computer and teach me a lesson can you install borland and check my code how make it run on the windows 7 operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor