Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bootloader in STM32L152 EEPROM/ROM and Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

gafsos

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm Working in STM32L152 Eval Board, I'm new be, i have some questions I need your Help,

1/ What is a between system memory and Flash ?
2/ Where code (main.c) is stocked ?
3/ Where these codes are stocked:

1 494 bytes of readonly code memory
46 bytes of readonly data memory
1 044 bytes of readwrite data memory
4/ What is the main of the EEPROM inside STM32 ?
Big Thanks

1/ What is a between system memory and Flash ?

The meaning of the phrase "system memory" is unclear, however Flash memory is used to store the devices program and constants used in the program code. Flash is nonvolatile and while some devices allow for "writes" of Flash during runtime, usually these "writes" must be performed for a block of storage rather than a single byte.

2/ Where code (main.c) is stocked ?

The program code "main.c" would be stored in Flash memory.

3/ Where these codes are stocked:

1 494 bytes of readonly code memory - Stored in Flash
46 bytes of readonly data memory - Stored in Flash, most likely constants or literals in the program code
1 044 bytes of readwrite data memory - Stored in Data RAM

4/ What is the main of the EEPROM inside STM32 ?

EEPROM in a processor/MCU is nonvolatile data storage which can be written/read on a byte level, rather than block level, using relatively straight forward instructions or routines. Typically used to store data values required to be persistent upon system resets or powerups. Types of data values may include calibration values, previous state of system before reset, etc.

Hope the info helps in your endeavors,

BigDog

Reactions: gafsos

gafsos

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back