Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] Bootloader for atmega32A

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.heuju

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want a precompiled atmega32A bootloader. I searched the internet but could not find any helpful tutorial for avr bootloader. I want to preprogram the bootloader with any hardware programmer (my friend has one) in my atmega32A and then later use rs232 (using usb to serial converter) with max232 to program it without any need from my friend/ any other programmer.

Any precompiled hex file for the bootloader for atmega32A would be helpful. Also some information on how to program using bootloader could be helpful.

I plan to use the bootloader to program and learn the basics of AVR first. Then later will buy my own programmer and learn the advance.

change txt to .hex

I am using CP210x USB-to-UART Setup

Attachments

• 32 fuse.JPG
    32 fuse.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 113
  • 32 fuse.bmp
    3 MB · Views: 78
  • atmega32.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 93

I am using CP210x USB-to-UART Setup

I now have your hex file. After I burn it what should I do to program my chip? And what about those fuse bits? How should I set it up? I have a usb to rs232 cable. It would be helpful if you can elaborate the process a bit.

Thank You

First read fuse bit and post

Read fuse bit

Here is something I learned. Tell me if i get something wrong:
1. Use avrdude (most probably) to set the low and high fuse bits (0xFF and 0x98 in this case)
2. Program the bootloader hex code to the avr

Now all i need to do is get the bootloader to run and program my actual program.
How do i do this? Is there any procedure to follow? And what freq. crystal can I use?

Sorry for causing trouble.

Regards...

With boot loader you can program mcu without programmer ( USB development board )

see
**broken link removed**

if you have programmer then you can program your hex file developed by your source code

Status
Not open for further replies.