Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

booting problem for fedora 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

anoop12

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone,

I have windows installed on my PC. Now I want to install fedora 6 on it. When I insert fedora 6 DVD, my PC does not boot from that DVD. How should I proceed installation?

Check to make sure your system is configured to be able to boot from the CD/DVD drive.
Refer to your system's manual to get into the BIOS or firmware utility. Then see how to change the boot options so the CD/DVD yo ware to boot from is the first option.

Depending on your mother board type, you will press certain button (e.g. Del) until you see setup, then from change boot sequence to let CD-ROM on top of the list, then if ur DVD is bootable and OK, it will start with it :)

Best Wishes,
Ahmad,

You will also need some unpoartitioned space on your hard disk. Linux makes its own partitions on un-partitioned space.

also be sure that your dvd is bootable.

hi,

first check u r DVD is bootable.
if so u shold change the BIOS settings for booting from DVD. and then restart.

How to creat a lilo disket or cd for mandriva 2006 I have already install it.
where can I find electronics software for linux.
thanx

hi there i think this site might help...enjoy

**broken link removed**

Added after 6 minutes:

anoop12 said:
hello everyone,

I have windows installed on my PC. Now I want to install fedora 6 on it. When I insert fedora 6 DVD, my PC does not boot from that DVD. How should I proceed installation?

First you make sure that you have partitioned your hard drive. One for Windows and the other for Fedora Core 6.

Second you need to change the BIOS setup and select boot to DVD/CD ROM option.

Third read first how to before you proceed.....but I think it's better for you to do the Third option first.....enjoy

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.