Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boost dc dc converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changin

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone!

I'm a Ist year engineering student....have a problem here... I was asked to build a 3V to 5V dc-dc boost converter but i have no idea how to build it... I have search all over the webs, tutorials but the information they gave me ain't what I want.

I was asked to build a step up from 3V to 5V converter using only discreet components. I can't uses switches too... The current must be within 30mA.

Anyone here who can help me in boost dc dc converter? I would appreciate it very much if anyone can help me...

Thanks!

Boost-DC-DC-converter-structure.png

Hi,

I just did an internet search for
"discrete boost converter circuit" and
"discrete boost converter tutorial"
each gives more than a million hits. And you say you did not find the information you were after.

I just went through a couple of them. Most of them give very good information.
Schematics, functional description, part selection, calculations... basically everything one needs to know.

So please be more clear what in formation you miss.

Klaus

Just easy like this my design: support upto 5V100R-50mA
Output Regulation:
2k load: 5.4V
100R load: 4.8V
Support peak current limit by Ipeak = Vbe/R2
1659545042237.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor