Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boost converter options for Li-Po to 9V ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandbox

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to build a headphone amp based on the LM386, nothing fancy, the thing is that i want it to run off a single cell li-po battery. Can anyone suggest a common, cheap boost converter ic that can do so?

I am looking through Digikey for the parts, but i just wanted to know whether there is any commonly used IC for this purpose...

Thanks in advance,
Sandbox

Thanks, that seems to be easily available here...

See this little nice collection of circuits :

3V to 9V DC Converters
https://electroschematics.com/6788/3v-to-9v-dc-converter/

tl496-converter.png

The maximum output voltage is actually 8.6V and current is around 80mA.
The input current (the current drawn from the batteries) is 405mA at the maximum output current. Without load the current consumption is 125µA and the batteries life is around 166 days.

3to9vInverter.gif

3volt-9volt-555-timer-550x273.png

This dc converter is built with the CMOS version of 555 timer. You can get 12V too if you change the zener diode to a 12V version.

The TL496 looks really interesting, but is it recommended to use switched capacitor power supplies for audio applications ? ( i am noob in this area)

All can be done, if you take care for filtering. You can try and see influence of ripple voltage on audio system.

Status
Not open for further replies.