Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

boost converter design - help with calculation needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhaa30

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
boost converter design

hi
To design a 17v to 230v boost converter how to choose the value of inductor,capcitor & power rating of switching device (mosfet) & gate driver circuit & design procedure how to start

Re: boost converter design

I think you need another parameter: output current?

Working principle can be found here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boost_converter
**broken link removed**

Try to do some claculations, and post the values for a review. I'll be happy to help you.

Stefaan

sudhaa30

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

thanks for reply. But i don't know how to start? How to select switching device? what rating? Is we can use 555 timer for gate pulse for this high voltage conversion ? how to decide its frequency ? which mode we have to use is continuous or discontinuous ?
why so? pls reply immediately.:cry:

You need to know the output current that the circuit must be able to deliver! Otherwise you can not start with anything.

A boost converter from 17 to 230V is not the easiest thing to design. (duty cycle>92%, so all energy for the output must be transferred in less than 8% of the time). Only for a low power application this can work fine.

Are you sure you need 230V DC (or is it to be AC?) A simple boost converter can not output AC.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back