Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

books for digital design

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhan_2005

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Digital logic and computer design by Morris Mano; good book for DLD.

These are some good digital design books:

1. Digital Integrated Circuits by Jan M. Rabaey
2. Digital Design by M. Morris Mano
3. Digital Design: Principle and Practices by Jhon F. Wakerly
4. Fundamentals of Digital circuits by Anand Kumar

Books for circuit theory:

1. Electronic Devices And Circuits Theory by Robert L. Boylestad
2. Circuit Theory by chakraborty

Some Good links:

1. Only-VLSI

2. exploreroots | Digital tutorial, analog, processors, c language, sql projects basics ideas placement tests concepts |introduction of sequential circuits | interview specific concepts, maximum frequency asic companies like freescale, st, atrenta, ti l

3. asic.co.in- ASIC interview questions,VLSI interview questions,Vlsi tutorials, Verilog Examples, VLSI presentations,FPGA projects

4. WELCOME TO WORLD OF ASIC

5. VLSI Design Forum | Google Groups

6. ASIC-SoC-VLSI Design

Hi..
For digital part you can go for Moris mano, If you have enough time to read then you surely opt for the book written by "Tocci,Widemar,Balmar"

Yes I have skimmed the book by morris mano. But I teaches only the regular digital electronics I know . I want to know how to answer some advanced topics on digital electronics and also how to tackle questions like building gates from mux and other sort of things.

thanks for your help

I had already posted a lot of links in my last post. These are really very good. I had gone through these links before my interview. For designing gate using muxs visit @ exploreroots| boolean function implementation using MUX

For advance digital electronics read "Digital Integrated Circuits" by Rabaey. This best book for digital electronics. If you have further queries feel free to ask.

Last edited:

thanks for your help . I will start reading them.

A little intro on me. I am doing my Bachelor of engineering(BE),third year in Tamil Nadu. my field of interest is chip designing. my ambition is to become a chip designer at nvidia. I know that is not easy and I am working very hard for it. I am well acquainted with problem solving skills and have great logic design reasoning. Right now i am trying to get an internship at nvidia for my field work and so i have started preparing for it 8-9months in advance. I saw that nvidia intern questions on the web and feel that they are quite easy on my side. Any advice from you is appreciated.

Thanks

First of all, You should love your subject(electronics) not nvidia. There are other lot of good companies in the field of chip designing. Sky has no limits. So don't limit yourself to nvidia. If you have any queries simply post on the forum. There are lot of experts to answer you. Keep visiting the forum and the links I posted. If you visit those links you will find a lot of good questions and their answers. Work hard. Best of LUCK!!!

Last edited:

there is no book that tells you a "trick" because there is no such thing as a trick in digital design. Boolean function and transistor function are all you need to know and what you can do with it is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back