Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Book for Verilog Synthesis using Synopsys Design Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

knataraj

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
verilog synopsys design compiler

Hello!

I am in need of a Book that teaches me how to code and synthesize Verilog using Synopsys DC. I need something like Weng Fook Lee's VHDL book based on Synopsys. Or if there is some online material or a tutorial that gives me an overview of DC for running verilog, that would be fine too. I tried coding Verilog and ended up having some errors and some commands like the "initial" not being accepted.

Thanks in advance!

synopsys verilog synthesis

There are some books posted on this forum like HDL chip design by smith and verilog synthesis primer by J basker and Adavanced ASIC synthesis book. The combination of these three should be able to get code and run dc shell

write -f verilog, synopsys

I give you an advice. You are better to learn synthesized verilog than sythesis using tool's compiler if you are the first time to study HDL language. And you want to learn how to code the synthesized verilog, a book is for your reference. I learned the sythesized verilog and behavior verilog from this book. The book name is "A guide to digital design and sythesis, SAMIR PALNITKAR, SunSoft Press"

synopsys verilog for synthesis

you can read synopsys tutorial book or paper. it's completely.

asic synthesis book

the synopsys on line document is very good.also the workshop.

verilog synthesis primer

First , read the workshop, do the lab.
then, read synopsys userguild.

Re: Book for Verilog Synthesis using Synopsys Design Compile

hi
for your topic read Advance ASIC synthesis By Himanshu Bhatnager.he has explained wrt to Synopsis designcompiler and prime time
all the best

Advance ASIC synthesis By Himanshu Bhatnager is an excellent book for having an overall view on Synopsys flow...

The sysnopsys tutorials could be of great help as well..

you can first read this book, "Verilog HDL Synthesis: a practical primer" by J.Bhasker. Then "Advanced chip synthesis ...(second edition)".

You can read the Synopsys's Verilog HDL synthsis text which will tell you how to write in verilog and systhsize.But I think you should first read simple book about verilog and testbench.The question you ask is the most simple phenomenon in the IC logic desing.

you can read the verilog HDL synthesis and synopsys sold document.

Last post on this thread was on 2005, today is 2014...

What are the most recommended books on Synthesis today?

Not much has changed in the area of Verilog Synthesis in 20 years. The only feature I see people use from Verilog-2001 is always @(*). If you want to go the updated route, look at "SystemVerilog for Design"

I meant good books for usage of Synopsis DC-Topological or ICC... If someone wrote such books...

Product based books are never published to my understanding. Product focus books are only the documentation that goes with the product and its installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back