Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bond wire simulation in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTCC

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss bondwire

Hi, guys.

I want to simulate interconnetion between microstrip and MMIC pad, and I use two parallel bond wires to connect them, but I don't know how to set up the lumped port for MMIC pad.

Can anybody give me some advice?Anything will be welcome.

bondwire hfss

Notice that HFSS has two wizards to create bond wires. You can use lumped ports as a starting point.

Their application engineeriing staff is helpful as well. I would start there with questions.

Reactions: yinkang

LTCC

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

yinkang

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
bond pad wire simulation using hfss

Thank you so much, Azulykit.

I have already ask the Ansoft engineering about the the bond wire simulation.

I have use the wizard and also I use a lumped port .The problem is I don't know how to approach the MMIC pad, just use a 50ohm microstrip line to stand for it?

The ansoft stuff suggests to use the lumped port to connect the bond wire directly,no MMIC pad, but the results seem to be wrong.

Do you have any idea about that?

bondwire in hfss

Hello
lumped port seems to be not valid if your working freq up to ~20GHz
Add microstrip part to bonds, use microstrip waveguide port and deembeding to bonds ref plane. You remove calibration error such way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back