Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BOM gives "field name missing" error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow00

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
table: field name missing

Hi all,
i am using protel DXP 2002. when i try to generate BOM a message box is pop up saying "filed name missing". anybody encountered this before? please do help coz this is drving me crazy. stupid software.

thanks
gd

Added after 28 minutes:

Hi all,

find the answer, hope this will help others in future.
====================================================
Altium Designer Knowledge Base
Item - 3677

Logged: 1-Apr-2003 Revised: 21-Mar-2004
Topic: PCB Projects - Reports
Applies To: Protel DXP;

Query: The error message Table: Field name missing is displayed when generating a Bill of Materials report

Answer: This will occur when your project contains part parameters with no names. It's OK for a parameter to have a blank value, but not a blank name. Use the Parameter Manager (Tools menu) to locate such parameters, which will be represented as columns with a blank header. You may assign a name to any parameters by right-clicking within the column and choosing Rename.

This has been fixed in Protel 2004

rg
gd

nice! finally, i've found the fix for this error! thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back