Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bom generation from allegro

Status
Not open for further replies.

havi

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bom generation

Hai,

can i generate bom from allegro editor with the following fields.

part number
manufacturer name
price etc.

at present we are using allegro 15.7.

and one more question is how to generate varients.lst file.

thanks in advance

Havi

allegro capture variants

Hi,

These info should be carried from your schematic software to Allegro. Provided that these field are define in cfg file.
Depending on which schematic tool you are using then you can have P/N or Manufacturer name and cost be carried over to Allegro.

In 15.7 you can create Assembly Variant BOM if you have these properties in Board file. ANd if you have already varients.lst .

There is a user guide in your installation folde for how to create varients.lst provided that you have HDL installed.

Traditionaly this is done in schematic software rather than layout tool. Many of todays schematic tools have capability to generate BOM variant. And are linked to a database which is part of company inventory, hence can get all info in one file.

Regards,

M

orcad bom variant

Hai Majnoon,

i already gave various field properties in orcad capture. at the same time i provided various fields in allegro footprint creation (like component value, part reference etc). but the problem is in allegro we have few classes, we can't create new classes. than how to interlink the capture manufacturer name to allegro database.

havi

tools for generating bom

Ok you are using Orcad Capture so in Symbols creation in OrCad you have assigned properties some are OrCad natives some are user defined in your case.
If you are using CIS then you most probably are connected to a SQL database which can have these properties read into schematic symbols.
Now you have to make sure your .cfg file has these properties define in it. Also in netlist dialoge Box check User Defined Properties so it can transfer these properties to Allegro.

You do not NEED to define the same proiperties at footprint level in Allegro.

Regards,

M

allegro manufacture variant to bom

thank you majnoon,

i tried as per your suggestion and i got it. but my requirment is, i need seperate fields/columns for partnumber, manufacturer,description etc.
in below i mentioning required format.

sno,ref des, partnumer,make,quantity,remarks.

above all fields are present in my capture level.

can you give any guidence to create varients.lst

havi

allegro pcb lst

Hi Havi,

You can add all those header fields or property at Symbol level in OrCAD.

OrCad can generate BOM variants, please read the help for this, is very extensivly explained. After you have created different variants of a given schematic you can generate varients.lst for them.
To make varients.lst go to Part Mnager and from Tools manue Export Variant list.

You can edit cfg files as required to reflect your customized properties.

Regards,

M

lst alegro variant

Hai majnoon

i got the bom from allegro pcb editor, it contains all user defined properties.
i face a small problem here. i.e. suppose if 2 capacitors having the same value, the output of the bom shows each one is in seperate row.

how to merge same type of fields and how to generate combined quantity for both.

thanks in advance

havi

lst alegro variant.lst

how to merge same type of fields and how to generate combined quantity for both.

Havi,

Just pay attention and look attentivly to Dilaog box when you are generating BOM.
Is all there!

Regards,

M

orcad layout how to create file bom

How can I get the pick&place from the variants out of Allegro (16)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back