Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bolted langevin transducer

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeratule

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Is there anyone who designed ultrasonic cleaning transducer (bolted langevin transducer)? Could you suggest me how to adjust it's resonance frequency. I do the calculations using L=c/2f and adjust the length of the transducer to the frequency I try to work. But when I measure (sweep) the transducer impedance (Z) vs frequency with the impedance analyzer I see the minimum impedance frequency (which also should be the series resonance frequency where vibration should be most powerful) is far away from the point I try to operate.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
What are you using to drive the transducer, sine wave square wave? are you using a half bridge driver? I assume you are using a resonasnt cct using the static C of the transducer. In which case the formula is 1/(2*pI*F)2 C =L. Your transducer will be designed for a specific frequency i.e the ceramic disc should resonate in harmony with its mechanic resonance of the pillar. There will also be a number of resonant points above the stated frequency ( 3rd 5th harmonics)
Generally you will get a 40khz 50w transducer

Status
Not open for further replies.