Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bode diagram: Application in the area and the critical point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lufer17

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I am having difficulty understanding the Bode Diagram, regarding its practical application in the area and the critical point.

I'll explain in a summarized form what I understood. From this analysis, we can find out if the system is stable, unstable, critical point, using Bode diagram, relation to the gain margin and phase in a system.
Questions regarding practical application in the area:

Example a robotic arm with sensor, when an anomaly occurs in the system because of the signal that is unstable (the operation is out of control), when it is working normally the system is stable. Is the example you said about the robotic arm correct? In practice, I don't know where it is applied.

Doubt regarding the critical point: I don't know what really is about the critical point, I know that when the signals cross we find the critical point, I don't know the consequence and application in the area.

Gain Margin and Phase Margin both are critical metrics of Feedback Systems whatever the system is.Robotic Arms are surely a kind of Feedbacked devices and the Stability must be carefully examined in term of Gain and Phase Margin.Otherwise the arm moves out of control due to possible Instability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back