Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Board design flaw with ESP32-S3-WROOM-1?

avner_g

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is my first board design with the S3. Previous boards with ESP32 worked fine.
Tried to do the same, but I probably missed something:

So I connected 3V3, GND and pulled up EN and IO0.. Connected pads 13 and 14 to Tx and Tr, and some other pins to some other devices.
Someone suggested that I pulled all other pins not in sure down to GND which I did.

Getting no signal from the board altoguth it draws current.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
1709570464629.png

Getting no signal from the board altoguth it draws current.
Give clear error description:
* how did you test (test conditions)
* what do you expect
* what is not like expected.

Did you correctly compile the code for the "S3"?
No erors?
No warnings?

Did you care about strapping pins?

Klaus

Right. Sorry for not being clear:
I soldered all the SMD parts: the ESP32, SMD capacitors C4-C8, Pull-Up resistors, D2 and Q1, and the Vreg. Didn't connect any other devices (LCD, relay, anything else).
Connected the ESP32 programmer, which provides 3V3, GND as well as RST(EN), IO1(BOOT), Tx and Tr.
At this point I usually see some inputs on the terminal from the chip (their factory firmware output) as well as Wifi they emit and I burn my firmware.
Saw nothing. Switched Tx and Tr as by law I always switch them over. So I am not yet at the phase I am able to download firmware anything.
I measured input voltage on the board and it is 3V3.
So I connected regulated 3V3 to the chip via the dedicated input pins. It drew ±90mA.
I measured the resistance between input 3V3 and GND on the board (with no power). It gave me 300ohms, which I think is weird(?).

strapping pins:
This is what the manual (https://www.espressif.com/sites/def...on/esp32-s3-wroom-1_wroom-1u_datasheet_en.pdf) says, which
I'm not sure I fully understand.
In my case, GPIO0 is connected to the external programmer, GPIO46 is always GND, GPIO3 is always GND, and GPIO45 is floating (so I tried pull it down but it didn't change).

1709574590579.png

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back