Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Board based on Micronas UAC 3554B USB Sound Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrotts

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
USB Sound Interface

About to take delivery of a demo board based on the Micronas UAC 3554B USB Sound Card interface. Just wondered if anyone has any experience of it.

Re: USB Sound Interface

carrotts said:
About to take delivery of a demo board based on the Micronas UAC 3554B USB Sound Card interface. Just wondered if anyone has any experience of it.

The Micronas Chip works but has some flaws regarding power management and some SR Limitations when using I2S.
Also you have to consider that there will exists many Revs of that
chip. In the past thy released almost all week new firmware.

TIs TUSB 3200A is a better sollution.

usbman

Great Answer

well Mate
Should have spoke to you first. Managed to miss TI part in original search. Must admit USB connectivity is not my strongpoint. I need the chip to allow a recording of Audio Data over a period of hours (8 - 12). The current Laptop uses a NS Geode processor with on chip sound. Unfortunately this seems to conflict with his software, and drops out after about 2 or 3 hours. Are the two chips overkill for these simple requirements, both manufacturers are much happier to boast about output capabilities.

Thanks again

Carrotts

You can also check out the Dallas USB audio chip DS4201
it has a lot less components around it

**broken link removed**

I think that they also have another one that I can not remember name of right now

/Wizzard

There is also a Burr Brown Chip PCM2900 /PCM2902
which works very well.
A real single chip solution for 16Bit audio

usbman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back