Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BNC (Coax) to Twisted-Pair Converter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc_eddy

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hallo,

i'am searching for a circuit that can convert Video-signals from
BNC to Twisted pair cable and back.

Is there a selfmade circuit, or chip that can handle it ?

Greetings
mc_eddy

differential amplifiers

TI has many fully differential amplifiers **broken link removed**
To convert form single ended to differential, drive just one input and ground the other. To convert to single ended, drive both inputs and take the output from just one output. make sure you present the right impedance to the lines at both ends by using resistors of the proper value, probably 70 ohms.

Look at aproximate circuit on LM733 - there is circuit of TV decoder, but you can realize idea.

Pin 14 - input 1 - signal
Pin 1 - input 2 - 1/2 of 5V supply.
Pin 7 - first (inverting) output.
Pin 8 - second (noninverting) output.

To use it with twisted pair you will need to add resistors to line as Flatulent has said.

first choice

I was considering suggesting this IC but it is discontinued. A slightly better version is the NE592 **broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

The problem with this chip is the limited output current. A buffer will be needd to drive a 70 ohm line.

Othewise, this is a wonderful IC for broad band amplifiers and I have designed it into several systems. This IC started life about 30 years ago for reading from core memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back