Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth module: Search other devices in range

Status
Not open for further replies.

unimech

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends,

Let me explain the setup here. I need a bluetooth device (bluetooth module) connected to a microcontroller. The bluetooth module will keep searching for all the devices within its range and report this to the Microcontroller. Microcontroller will display the list on LCD.

The bluetooth module and the microcontroller will be battery powered hence, power consumption has to be as low as possible.

The bluetooth modules which are available online are said to be of the slave type, hence will not be able to search for other device. **broken link removed**

I need advice on the bluetooth module / IC etc which I can interface to microcontroller (AVR) with I2C / SPI / UART etc so that I can get a list of devices in range.

Hope someone would have done something related to the above.

Thank you. Await replies.

Hi as I know, one of the good solutions is the sena Bluetooth module. you can config this module with microcontrollers such as AVR ARM and many others.it supports USART communication interface. You can easily send your command or data with using AT commands which are demonstrated in the datasheet.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back