Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth module Interfacing with 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexjagal

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
8051 bluetooth

Dear all experts,
I am doing a project on wireless controll of a AC motor using bluetooth and 8051 can any one help on how do i interface the 8051 with the appropriate Bluetooth module, Does it require any Driver programming while interfacing each component, I would like to have point to point communication between sender adn receiver. I dont know the actual pattern of data send by the microcontroller to the bluetooth or vice-versa, what should i do to do this.

bluetooth module with microcontroller

You need Bluetooth module with RS-232 interface, for instanse, WT11 or WT12 module from bluegiga.com

bluetooth module for 8051

hey hiii frnz,

I am very new to this community..in search of my project information, i came to know abt this site, which is very interesting..so i thought to post my problem here and hopping for the good results:D

my project concept is:

i want to send a contact number from my mobile using a bluetooth feature.....on the other side the microcontroller should receive that contact number with the help of bluetooth dongle connected to it.

but now i came to know dat it is not possible to connect a usb bluetooth dongle to a microcontroller for communication.

so, now my problem is, if it is not possible to connect a bluetooth USB dongle to a microcontroller for communication...then what can u suggest me..is there any alternative for this(i.e, is it possible to connect a bluetooth module to a microcontroller for communication??????)

pls do reply meeee....needed urgently!!:(

Thanks in advance...

I dont know to much. Try this: https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8550

Or this which is the same as the one above only cheaper and harder to use: https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8497

They are $60 and $34 in U.S. dollars. The first one is easy to connect to a micro and even has a tutoral, but the second is a bit more complicated. And unlabeled.
I am working on a bluetooth controlled robot and am trying to find cheaper and easier modules. If you figure out how to connect the second to a micro or a better one, please tell me. Good Luck!:D

By the way, they also sell cool microcontrollers called picaxe. Not the cheapest, but very simple and easy to use. I plan on getting one. Check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back