Bluetooth, microcontroller, PC Meltdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused_engineer

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I am yet to start my final year project. The first stage involves transmission of data from a Microcontroller to my desktop PC. I have decided to use bluetooth modules/dongles at each end to do the same. Trouble is, I don't know where to start. I don't know what kind of modules I can use, how I can interface the dongle/module to the microcontroller,yada yada.:?: I am looking for a range of 10-20 mts. Any inputs and suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks.

I have been using Bluegiga wt11 (need RTS signal!!!) for mcu side and USB Mini-Bluetooth GEMBIRD on PC side. This is the easiest and safe way to wireless communication I know.

Simple and practically used by me many times.

If you know wired rs232 communication, you won.
Distance about 60m I can confirm.

On PC side sometimes you can face some troubles when you have installed a communication programs for cell phone or camera,...

good luck8)

Thanks a bunch for all your help. I think I know now how I can go about it.
Also, could any of you confirm if this module could be used at the microcontroller end. I don't want to use a dongle here as it would become tedious to have to interface it.
Thanks.

I have used a Bluegiga WT12 connected via the serial interface to a UART on a PIC24FJ256GB106. Very easy to use and control.
It also has USB and SPI interfaces so you have a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.