Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth interface problem, which profile and IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisoiu

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am not too experienced in the bluetooth field, so I need some assistance. My application is a bit particular. I have the following items:

-a garmin nuvi 765T. This have a bt inside, car kit profile. I've tested the nuvi with a normal GSM phone, they can be peered, I can dial from nuvi and I can talk using it as any car kit.
-a gps tracking device with audio input/output and a digital interface for commands.

I need to build a small device with a bluetooth interface and a microcontroller. This device should connect the audio analog lines from gps tracking device to the bluetooth interface. Also, from this bluetooth interface, somehow the dial strings sent by nuvi via bluetooth, must be extracted, transformed and fed back to the gps tracking device. Basically I need to use the GPS trackig device peered with nuvi, as if it can be peered with a normal gsm phone.
What bt ic do I need to use, which profiles? I am interested in the shortest time to market, no time to spend with developing bt stacks.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
/pisoiu

Status
Not open for further replies.