Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bluetooth device to microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

blutoothanu

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
In my project, I need to interface a blueetooth dongle( billionton) to a microcontroller (Atmega16).
Since the microcontroller does not have any USB host capabilities i have used FT232R ...(which is a usb-UART interface).
Please let me know whether i need to program my atmega in order to send the data through bluetooth....or whether if should have a bluetooth stack?

Even FT232R is not a USB host. It will simple to use bluetooth device with UART interface

Nandhu

but unfortunately i have already bought a billionton bluetooth adapter which doesnt have uart ..plz find the attached image....hence i thought of using ft232 ....i will be connecting a usb host to ft232r...in which i will insert the bluetooth adapter.... Please let me know whether i am going on the right rrack :( please guide me further.... thank u!

Status
Not open for further replies.