Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth Controlled Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinesh2931

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have made a Bluetooth controlled car using arduino board. which is controlled using the android mobile. I used chassis, Bluetooth module HC-05,Motor driver & a app installed in the mobile to control the moment of car using Bluetooth serial interface.I used 12v battery for that.

The question is: The battery is discharging very fast, If I use for a long time.Again I have to charge the battery.

So, I thought an idea that instead of using battery and charging it often.I can use the Solar panels and save the charge in battery and then use it.

Is this is possible???And what should I do for that??

Hi,

You are talking about an RC car?

Klaus

Yes it is a RC car...

Even for a RC car we can use the solar power instead of battery. using solar panels the energy can be stored and the it is used for the remote control purpose...

Thanks & Regards
Dinesh M

Hi,

Not sure, you may find the panels would occupy more space than the RC car has on its body. I think for what you're doing you might want to look at MPPT controllers that suit the battery needed and learn about those, also think about series and/or parallel PV panel connections to provide adequate charge current and voltage to say an SMPS/battery charger IC. When you find out about the rechargeable battery you have/will buy for this, probably important to see how many charge/discharge cycles it can handle. SMPS-based battery chargers are another choice, some are specifically for solar inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.