Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth / Communication between embedded system(mcu) & mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

parlakf

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am researching about bluetooth. Generally, I want to make a system that communicates with mobile phone and takes voice datas from phone through bluetooth.
I have found lots of bluetooth modules, but they are so expensive that between $10 and $60.
I am wishing a solution that below $10.

What are your suggestions about the solution?

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

Could I use an bluetooth usb dongle(a cheap one) which is connected to the mcu through usart?

bluetooth modules are not cheap which is why we look for alternatives technologies !
certainly if you have a spare USART port a cheap bluetooth dongle should work OK.

I found a SoC in TI. CC2540 is a system-on-chip solution for bluetooth low energy. I learned that a few differences between Bluetooth Stack Protocol and Bluetooth Low Energy(BLE) stack protocol.
Which are the differences, anybody knows?
Could BLE chip be used in my project which is generally explained above.

The mobile phones today cannot support BLE yet. They said the next generation of phones can achieve this.

Nowadays iPhone 4s and iPhone 5 support BLE nad there are some other phones too in Android area which support BLE :)

Status
Not open for further replies.