Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth best/most used in industrial environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandhu015

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to select a bluetooth communication for one of my project.

I am confused to see lot of modules in net and got confused.

It is battery operated device used in high industrial environment.

Please suggest me a module

Nandhu

My computer instructions say Bluetooth is designed for range of 9m (29 feet). Your industrial environment might have electrical/EMI noise which hampers wireless communication. It's wise to try running some tests with wifi devices around your equipment.

I have not worked with Bluetooth but I realize it is different from everyday Wifi. I shopped for wifi cards for a PowerMac and Windows laptop. I purchased a PCI and a PCIe card. They go in the ordinary slots. PCIe fits in a tiny compartment in my laptop.

It is very easy to choose an incompatible item if you're not careful as you shop. I had to measure dimensions and compare photographs of cards on Ebay, so that I could be confident I was making the correct purchase.

My computers also have separate compartments for Bluetooth cards. The slots are only for Bluetooth, apparently. Each has a built-in antenna which appears to be meant only for Bluetooth. The computer instructions are not very informative. They only point out the compartment for Bluetooth, and that's all.

To learn all you need to know, it's like taking a course in wifi networking. To make the right purchase, you need to locate the compartment for a Bluetooth card, measure the dimensions, count the brass contacts, etc.

@BradtheRed
Bluetooth module is intended to use with microcontroller in industrial environment.

Checking at the user end is not possible in my project.

I look for selection criteria and other things which i might miss

Nandhu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back