Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bluetooth based RF micrcontroller (SOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kick

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hiii friends,

I am looking for a RF micrcontroller (SOC) for my bluetooth project.I have gone through some Texas Instruments IC's,but all IC's for BLE application(CC2540,CC2541 etc...) and later I got one CC2543,it's for RF application(I know bluetooth is coming under RF signal). But I have doubt whether I can use it for my application??

note: I don't want BLE soc.

https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cc2543.pdf

If you want to make a proprietary wireless connectivity between two device for example your own wireless mouse with your own USB dongle (with same or similar chip) then you can use this chip. It is not BLE device. No need of an external microcontroller because it is already having many peripherals, advanced 8051 core, DMA etc.
But just a reminder, in cc2541 also there is a proprietary mode where you can implement your own proprietary protocol.

CC2543, as its datasheet suggests, is not a dedicated bluetooth module. Its a simple high frequency RF module for 2.4G ISM band. Maybe you could mimic the BT packet handling protocols via software, but it won't be that much efficient. High power BT modules are generally not available for commercial use.
Is using BT compulsory?? There are lots of nice piece of SOCs for sub GHz ISM.

Just suggesting, that if power output for those BLE SOCs is an issue, you can use a front end with them like CC2595 with RF switches. These BT SOCs are hard to find in this country. You have to order them from abroad. So cost is always a factor no matter what you purchase...

But just a reminder, in cc2541 also there is a proprietary mode where you can implement your own proprietary protocol.

If I use proprietary mode,can I use CC2541 for bluetooth application (not BLE)?

If I use proprietary mode,can I use CC2541 for bluetooth application (not BLE)?

Proprietary mode is not bluetooth. So it will not connect to bluetooth devices.
From your words -"bluetooth but not ble" I am assuming you are trying to use bluetooth classic (bluetooth 2.x). This chips cannot do bluetooth 2.x because that is too much different from bluetooth 4.0 or BLE.
Pls tell your requirement so that I we suggest you what chip to use.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back