Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth / 802.11 embedded module

Status
Not open for further replies.

zekabra

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm currently developing a short range telemetry system where a high-speed radio link is needed. I would like to use Bluetooth or 802.11 standards. Does anyone have a sugestion for a plug and play, low-cost, low-power Bluetooth or 802.11 embedded module?

Regards

If you don't have to use them, avoid both.
Standard is nice, but you have to deal with not only FCC but also qulifications which cost $$$$.

bd_

a question

if the embedded module already has certifications my product must be certificated again???

The following companies produce chip-sets for 802.11a/b/g:
Intersil, Atmel, TI, Agere, Broadcom, Marvell, AMD, RFMD, Atheros Communications, Infineon, Envara
All of the provide some sort of development kit that can get you started quickly, but most of them won't bother talking to you unless it is a high volume (in the 10Ks) project.
As for the certifications, these are given to the product, and not to a chip or chip-set, so unless you are going for a full OEM solution, you will need to go through that process.

certification

I would suspect that if you do not modify the module (like adding an external antenna) you do not need additional certification. The vendor of the part will answer this question at no charge and probably supply the certification numbers for you to use in your product.

Hi I am interested in some ready-to-use bluetooth module.
Any suggestions ?

Implementing Bluetooth is a costly affair. Even when you base your design on a qualified module with a qualified stack and antenna, you still need to go through some kind of certification. If you are developing a high volume product, you can absorb the cost. If you are developing something in small numbers you may find the capital outlay for development tools etc too high.

JJ

Hi
i looking for Bluetooth project clude u tell me
BR,

You guys looking to mandatory Bluetooth, or just use the 2.4G ISM band ??

If the latest, check the NORDIC and CHIPCON 2.4G chips, theyre great.
They have 1Mbit data speed bursts !

asena 8)

How about 802.11 embedded radio? I am looking for one that is very easy to use. Does anyone know of one? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back