Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

blocking of websites.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohail qureshi

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi brohters........
my little brother use internet and mostly he see immoral sites...........so i m very worries about him as he is a student.........so plz help me and tell me how can i block these immoral sites...........i wll be very thankful to u.........tnx

Here is a Set of Add-on for Firefox Browser

1.h**ps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=parental+control&cat=all

Here is a Set of Add-on for Firefox Browser

1.h**ps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=parental+control&cat=all

sorry dude...it did't work for me....coz i use internet exploere 8 and window xp...tnx

if you open tools-> Internet options there is a setting to block sites based on content , you can add your own address and lock with a password

Snap1.gif

I have never used it but you can check if it does what you want

There is some software's for parental control for windows only.I found one in **broken link removed** (**broken link removed**) i hope this will solve your problem i personally use this software for the same purpose what you want for.

Not free, but has received stellar reviews from my coworkers with children that have similar concerns as you.
**broken link removed**

Many antivirus like Norton, Mcafee have parental control options to block these kind of website. Above mentioned options are good. But you can't block all website. Blocking of website is done by either keywords in url or certificate they provides. These are many website that don't provide certificates and don't have such keyword in url. So it hard to block all website. You can do counseling of your brother along with blocking options.

Status
Not open for further replies.