Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bleep once then continue to flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

aallan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have designed the circuit below. After some time, the top signal into the AND gate goes HIGH, causing the leds to flash and the buzzer to beep.

I need to adapt the circuit so that when the top signal into the AND gate goes HIGH, the buzzer beeps once only (or only a few times) then stops, while the LEDs continue to flash.

Any ideas?

I though about a one-shot 555 Timer but I'm not sure. If it helps, the two signals into the AND gate are from a 4060 Timer IC.

Thanks.

circuit.JPG

You can use different outputs from the CD4060 in order to generate separate timings for the LEDs and the buzzer…

Thanks mister_rf,

I had considered this but the top signal into the AND gate can come from any input of the 4060 (user selectable timing) so building a big logic circuit with all the inputs will get very messy very quickly and is too compelx for this application.

Any other ideas?

Can you post the schematics you are using?

Btw,see here for example:

Attachments

• Cd4060_v2.JPG
    Cd4060_v2.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 46

Status
Not open for further replies.