Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BLDC Motor And FOC Works??

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinand rd

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings ..Long time ago I worked on a motor control project. Used a 2kW bldc motor and tried to implement FOC (Field oriented Control)using Hall feedback.Also had interpolated the hall angle to fill in the hall-values between 60 degree intervals. This was a complete failure. the motor was never able to control above 1500rpm . Speed control was good with proper response time. Also the motor made a lot of noise after 1500rpm. The inner current loop was a disaster. While FOC on this BLDC motor was a failure, the six step commutation worked really fine. With this algorithm, the motor ran well upto 3000 rpm smoothly without making any noise when its was rated speed was 2600rpm.

I need to know , the control algorithm FOC on BLDC motor works ? if so, what are the reasons why this approach failed. what could I have possibly done wrong?
Anticipating your kind inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.