Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Black*Star Jupiter 2010 displaying 00.00mHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

440Hz

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm experimenting some issues with my function generator Jupiter 2010 (Black*Star).
It displays only 00.00mHz when any frequency button is pushed-in. When no frequency button is pushed it displays a random frequency. I visualized it on my oscilloscope : the shape, amplitude and dc offset of the random signal can be changed.

Do you have any idea of the reason and the fix.

Thank you if you can help me.

The entire gang of frequency buttons sounds suspect, since none works, yet the unit outputs a waveform if none is pressed.

* Is the gang's framework securely fastened to the enclosure? There's a chance it needs a good ground connection.

* What mechanical contact construction do you see in the buttons?
* Are the contacts tarnished causing bad connection?

* What is the common wire going to the gang? Is it soldered securely? Screwed down securely? Is that wire unbroken in good shape? Can you read a voltage on it?

*Is each button wired to a capacitor (or pertinent component) which determines a frequency range? Can you read a voltage on those components?

* With no button pressed you get a random frequency. Can you connect a capacitor (or component) close to the gang of buttons, to obtain a frequency which is stable and repeatable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back