Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Black paste over integrated circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

monimi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, is just that i have a circuit board that i designed, but i would like to hide one of the Integrated Circuits that is in the board for it not to be known by anyone, and i've seen that in some boards there are some integrated circuits covered with a black paste, and i would like to know what is that paste and where could i get it. thanks in advanced.

The easiest is to use very fine sandpaper and remove the number. You can also use a dremel tool with abrasive tip attachment.

Putting a dark color resin mix over the parts is another option, but can be removed by some chemicals. The most secure would be the abrasive techniques.

Hi, is just that i have a circuit board that i designed, but i would like to hide one of the Integrated Circuits that is in the board for it not to be known by anyone, and i've seen that in some boards there are some integrated circuits covered with a black paste, and i would like to know what is that paste and where could i get it. thanks in advanced.

The one you are talking is called COB. COB itself is MCU. The best way is simple remove the part number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back