Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bitmap for character generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafix

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to implement a SW character generator for a grafic display, i'm serching the ASCII character bitmap file, better if it is in a format for a compiler such es. 0x34,0x22 etc.

Have any one something of similar ?

regards

Hi rafix,

Do you have any particular graphic display in mind ?. I mean any particular controller.
Since you don't want to use an alphanumeric display,as you probably knew, graphical display allows you to print different characters size. Thus the ASCII character bitmap depends on your character size and how many pixels you reserve for that. The format for a compiler as 0x34, 0x22... as mentioned by you, it's direct related to the size of your character, thus it can't not be general defined.
Because you're going to use a graphical display, bear in mind that the most suitable procedure it's to build up a bitmap image of the character you want to print and convert this into hex map.

Like this example:
**broken link removed**

Regards,
Silvio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back