Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Biquad filter with chebyschev characteristics

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinaishlene

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
biquad filter simulator

Hi,

I'm working on a class project designing a low pass biquad filter with gain 2 and cut off frequency of 1kHz that follows the 3dB Chebyschev characteristics.From the simulation using PSpice,the circuit that we designed worked perfectly...but when we installed all the components on the breadboard and run the test using function generator and oscilloscope.,the circuit didn't function well.We input the sine wave form but the output was distorted.(not perfect sine wave)

I'm not sure what will be the actual output of this filter.

An if the output is distorted,when we try to obtain the gain by Vo/Vi,we didn't get the characteristics frequency response.

Please help to let us understand better.

Thanks

Rina

Hi, do u use input/output impedance when simulation?
I have the same problem as u, but at much higher frequency.

No I dont use i/p o/p impedance...well my hardware are having a problem not my simulation.My simulation works perfectly

rinaishlene said:
Hi,

I'm working on a class project designing a low pass biquad filter with gain 2 and cut off frequency of 1kHz that follows the 3dB Chebyschev characteristics.From the simulation using PSpice,the circuit that we designed worked perfectly...but when we installed all the components on the breadboard and run the test using function generator and oscilloscope.,the circuit didn't function well.We input the sine wave form but the output was distorted.(not perfect sine wave)

I'm not sure what will be the actual output of this filter.

An if the output is distorted,when we try to obtain the gain by Vo/Vi,we didn't get the characteristics frequency response.

Please help to let us understand better.

Thanks

Rina

you can give 0.5khz sine wave and 5khz sine wave, 0.5Khz sine wave can pass without distortion, but 5Khz sine wave cant pass through

It's okay...i have already gotten the perfect wave form my hard ware....feel so good

Status
Not open for further replies.