Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bimax 132 welder broken wirefeeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

metiz

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My welder broke a couple of days ago. It's a Bimax 132. The wirefeeder is dead. I still measure 20.8 volts inside the MIG torch and the switch on the torch is fine too but there's no voltage reaching the wirefeeder motor. The main power leads inside the welder still read 20 volts so that's okay, but because the wirefeeder doesn't work, there's no current to the MIG torch. I made a couple of pictures for clarification. Can anyone help me diagnose the problem?

This is the front of the welder
gDMwwxQ.jpg

Rear
qnqBhzP.jpg

Better look of the pcb at the front of the welder
m8DnzXK.jpg

I am no expert at all, but I understand there is a control circuit for the wire-feed motor - might be it in the last photo. You could try some of the welder BBS for more help. If you can find the control circuit, you can check the parts on it - I'd check to see if the SCR is getting any voltage on the gate.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back