Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Big Dial Mechanical Analog Wall Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheeraz Khan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I build the big dial mechanical analog wall clock so I need the schematic that generate one second plus after one minute

SK

You can buy a quartz clock movement and just install it.

Quartz clock movement is not a right solution because clock dial is to big so I use the car wiper dc motor I need the schematic that give the plus once in a minute

1Sec. 1Sec.
_____________________| |_____________________| |___
--------->59Sec.<---------- --------->59Sec.<---------

SK

Added after 14 minutes:

For example

____________________________| |____________________________| |
-------------->59Sec.<--------------|1Sec.|-------------->59Sec.<--------------|1Sec.|

You could build the pulse generator using a crystal oscillator plus a small microcontroller, or an FPGA/CPLD, or a few digital logic chips. The accuracy of your clock would equal the accuracy of the crystal oscillator. The microcontroller or FPGA/CPLD would require some programming. You will also need an interface circuit that converts the digital pulse into a high-power pulse for the motor. Are you familiar with designing any of those things?

You may find some ideas here:
https://www.hobbyprojects.com/C/Counters_and_Timer_Circuits.html

Also try searching the internet for "programmable timer" products. You may find what you need without building anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back